What So Not announces March release of debut album, drops new BUOY-featuring single
Not All The Beautiful Things drops March 9.
The beautiful big man is finally dropping his debut album, Not All The Beautiful Things, due March 9 via Sweat It Out! We've been anticipating it for some time now, and now we've got more details including the tracklist, plus a new single to whet the appetitite - Stuck In Orbit feat. BUOY. We'll start there - Stuck In Orbit is bloody beautiful, a dreamy slice of blissed-out electronica that uses BUOYs sultry vocals to perfection against a gentle beat, which he had this to say about: "This song started as a jam with Jono Ma (Jagwar Ma) in his film scoring studio. The vocals began as a sketch of adlibs from BUOY with only two words, drawn out across the verse "I ov-er comp-en-sate". That set the tone for the entire piece; each word delivered with much thought and consideration..."
Onto the album, and the list of features/collaborators is pretty damn impressive. Along with old mate Skrillex, there's the likes of San Holo, SLUMBERJACK, Daniel Johns, Rome Fortune and Toto... Like Africa Toto. Check out the full tracklist below, and set your hype levels to very-damn-intense.
1. What So Not & SLUMBERJACK - Warlord
2. What So Not - Be Ok Again (feat. Daniel Johns)
3. What So Not - Beautiful (feat. Winona Oak)
4. What So Not - Stuck In Orbit (feat. BUOY)
5. What So Not & James Earl - Demons (feat. Rome Fortune & Tommy Swisher)
6. What So Not & Skrillex - Goh (feat. KLP)
7. What So Not & Toto - We Keep On Running
8. What So Not & San Holo - If You Only Knew (feat. Daniel Johns)
9. What So Not - Monsters (feat. Michael Christmas & tobi lou)
10. What So Not & Dyro - Bottom End
11. What So Not - Same Mistakes (feat. Daniel Johns)
12. What So Not - Us (feat. Daniels)
Follow What So Not: FACEBOOK