WAM announces KISS MY CAMERA 2016 for WAMFest with over $11K worth of prizes
Calling all amateur and established Perth music photogs!
Header photo: 2013 Live Winner Amber Bateup.
As part of the 2016 WAMFest presented by Drug Aware (which we announced a few weeks ago), the much-loved music photography competition Kiss My Camera has just been announced to return after a three year hiatus. The exhibition will host selected music photographs (both live and press shots) from the best and brightest of WA's amateur and professional photographers. Finalists will be displayed multiple times each day on the massive public screen, from mid-October through til WAMFest (November 3–6), with the winners announced during this time.
2013 Best Portrait Winner, KUCKA by Robert Simeon.
There is over $11,000 worth of prizes up for grabs, plus a digital makeover to help the comp expose WA’s best talent to a much wider audience. Entry is FREE, and winners of each category will receive:
- Online Photography Portfolio from the team at Visible, including a WordPress-themed website, mobile responsive design, development, copywriting, content implementation, search engine optimisation, social media integration, 12-month domain and web hosting.
- Double pass to Wonderland, thanks to Pilerats.
- $100 voucher valid at Leederville Cameras.
- Instax mini 8 camera plus film and accessories from Harvey Norman – City West.
- WAMCon Pass plus a one-year WAM individual membership.
- One year Arts Addict Membership with PICA (includes gift, exhibition invitations, discounted entry to all performances and publications, advanced ticket sales, 10% off all food and drink at PICA Bar & Café and more).
- Double pass redeemable at Luna Palace Cinemas.
Deadline for entry is October 7, head HERE to do so.