PSA: WAM Song Of The Year Submissions are now open
With 16 categories up for grabs, and a whole heap of great prizes valuing up to $45K.
Returning for another year of celebrating top shelf WA songwriters, the WAM Song Of The Year 2017/18 Awards are now taking submissions, with the last date to enter being Monday 12 February. The total prize pool offers over $45K worth of goodies to potentially be won by songwriters of all ages, levels and genres, with 16 categories offering a $500 crash prize for each winner and more. Each category winner then goes into the drawer for a grand prize pacakge which includes:
• $3,000 cash
• A two-day recording and production session with Andy Lawson of Debaser Studios one of WA's best and recent Best Sound Engineer/ roducer (Studio) WAM Award winner
• Opportunity for a publishing/sync licensing deal with Perfect Pitch Publishing, plus a tutorial in publishing and licensing and ongoing industry mentoring
• 100 x 7 inch records, on black vinyl with a full colour sleeve and sticker, courtesy of Rhubarb Records and XVinylX
• A national media servicing campaign for a single or release through Firestarter Distribution
• The new RØDE AI-1 complete home studio recording microphone package worth over $1,000
• $1,100 towards your next CD pressing plus one year’s worth of digital distribution from Diskbank
• A Happy Mag online partnership campaign worth $1,360
• Two-week radio ad campaign from RTRFM
• Branding and digital marketing assessment and consultation from Vanessa Picken (Comes With Fries)
• Headphonic headphones package
• Cool Perth Nights golden ticket
• Prime spot on the 2018 WAMFest line-up
• Four passes to WAMCon 2018
All winners will be announced at the Awards Party, which will be hosted at the Gold Rush era hall-turned live music venue Fly by Night Club on Wednesday 16 May.
So what are you waiting for? GET AMONGST IT.