Hella Good! Exhibition + Peche's Top 5 Brunch Spots in NYC
Talking brunch in New York + a new exhibition from Perth designers Shu Daniels and Peche Prasad.
HELLA GOOD! is a an upcoming joint collaborative exhibition by Perth artists Dipesh 'Peche' Prasad & Shu Daniels, that will showcase a series of their work done abroad whilst in New York City, featuring some amazing photography, digital design and illustration.
Shu Daniels is a Perth native, photography addict and global jetsetter. Among fashion editorials and graphic design, Shu claims photography is her favourite medium of expression. Shu's images are modern, candid and relevant with a hint of the urban aesthetic, creating a vision of city living through her own eyes.
As well as an artist and designer, Peche is a design lecturer at Curtin University, and has produced some 10/10 designs in recent years. You can read about his most recent work, the Red Bull Curates, and Pilerats most recent interview with him HERE.
Image: ShuShu Daniels
Peche, like most of us, is a budding gourmet enthusiast. If you're in New York anytime soon and looking for a gourmet bender or just a better-than-usual hangover cure, Peche picked out his top five delicious brunch spots in New York City:
1. Sweet Chick (LES): chicken and waffles and a bloody mary would have to be the perfect hang cure. It’s a breakfast of champions!
2. Minnis Shabu Shabu, out in Flushing Queens. Not really a brunch spot but the best Hot Pot joint, its SOO good!
3. Parlay (Sunset Park, Brooklyn): It has the owner’s mum’s Malay curry chicken on the menu, this is the bomb at any time of the day!
4. Shake Shack - breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner, whenever. This is like crack to me. Also the Chicken Sandwich is back on the menu at the one in Dumbo.
5. Ivan Ramen (LES): nothing levels you out like a good bowl of ramen after a big night.
Shu and Peche's HELLA GOOD! NYC exhibition has its Launch Party at The Bird on Monday, August 10, and runs for four weeks.
Above: Chicken & Waffles from Sweet Chick.
Follow Peche: FACEBOOK
Follow Shu Daniels: WEBSITE