A Day In The Life in New York with Animal Feelings
He's currently celebrating the release of excellent new single, Falling feat. Thief.
New York-based artist Oli Chang AKA Animal Feelings has just released a fantastic new single in Falling feat. Thief. Premiered via tastemaker extraordinaires Majestic Casual, it's a charming slice of future-pop, and a wonderful showcase of not only his talent, but Aussie Thief's incredible voice. To mark its release - the first taste of Animal Feelings' upcoming Soft Touches EP - Chang sent us some photos taken in his hometown of New York, offering a little insight into his day-to-day.
1. Having a Cortado at my fave cafe, Devocian in Willamsburg, before emailing and checking mixes on headphones.
2. Practically next door is @maindragmusic where I get lured in by rare synths for sale. Today I was looking at a Roland Juno 6 - the very first Juno and possibly the fattest sounding one too.
3. This one was special because it had been retrofit with MIDI so it had max power and control for viby electronic music yay!
4. As usual I had a little fun haggling with the lovely owner Karl.
5. Got the synth!
6. Always look before you cross!
7. Step into my office :)
8. My desert island instrument is my Yamaha upright which I always keep in perfect tune.
9. But my second love are my synths <3<3<3
10. Then my best friend and master photographer Tom Edwards decided we might as well get some press shots.
11. Caution: everybody forgets everything that ever happened one day so who cares?=
Follow Animal Feelings: FACEBOOK