Photo Gallery: Bleeding Knees Club take us behind their EU tour
The Australian rock group will be touring their new album Fade The Hammer through December.
All in-article photos by Alex Wall. Header photo by Raw Journey Paris.
Aussie garage-punk icons Bleeding Knees Club are somewhat notorious for their lively and raucous live shows, which sees them really bring out the raw energy of their recorded work - like their latest album Fade The Hammer - and elevate it to a whole other level. It's something they're bringing to Australia across basically the whole of December, touring the country with Sydney garage-psyche upstarts Crocodylus and a bunch of special guests that vary from Teen Angst and Concrete Lawn - more info HERE.
It's set to be a bloody huge tour and to get you in the mood, we've got Bleeding Knees frontman Alex Wall to give us a bit of a behind-the-scenes look into their touring with a photo gallery of their recent European tour - dive into it below, with the full list of tour deets at the end.
1. One-eyed man - I saw this guy with one eye at Brighton Palace Pier in the UK.
2. Ducks - These grown women are dressed as ducks for a hens' night, in Brighton.
3. Phone booth - Gio does ET in Bristol. We had a great breakfast at Door & Rivet down the street.
4. Ice cream - Cool little kids eating ice cream in Brighton.
5. Meat man - This is a meat man at the beach in Brighton, after his day handling meat.
6. Lick the window - Nick licking our tour van's window like a sicko.
7. Boytoy - My friends from New York band Boytoy were playing in Berlin the night we had off which was cool, I hadn't seen them in ages.
8. Lyon - We stayed at a cool poster artist's house in Lyon after we played on a boat.
9. Punk bar - We played at this rad punk bar called L'Imposture in Lille. The guy who owned it gave us shots.
10. Spider man - Saw the real-life spider man in Bristol.
11. Paris is cool - This sick mattress was dumped on the street right when we got into Paris. It's kind of the grossest and nicest place at the same time.
12. Wall art - Apartment we stayed at in France.
13. Lighting Bolt - Hand-screened flyer for a Lightning Bolt concert.
14. Madrid - We got to stay in this amazing hotel in Madrid. It looked over the whole city.
15. Big ice cream - Bordeaux local sizing up this giant ice cream.
16. Mirrors - This was at a roadside gas station, deep in the French countryside.
17. Window - Mikey saying goodbye to Nicole in Berlin - they had been talking for years online, but never met.
18. Goodbye - Mikey and Nicole from another angle.
19. Meat - Frankfurt breakfast at a roadside gas station near Frankfurt.
20. Amy - Amy (Amyl & The Sniffers) in Madrid.
Sunday November 25 | The Cambridge, Newcastle, NSW
Friday November 30 | The Newport, Fremantle, WA w/ Teen Angst
Saturday December 1 | Amplifier Capitol, Perth, WA w/ Teen Angst
Sunday December 2 | Prince of Wales, Bunbury, WA w/ Teen Angst
Thursday December 6 | Rad Bar, Wollongong, NSW w/ Good Pash
Friday December 7 | Molo Live @ ANU, Canberra, ACT w/ Reality Instructors
Saturday December 8 | Crowbar, Brisbane, QLD w/ Concrete Lawn
Sunday December 8 | Bloodhound Bar, Brisbane, QLD w/ Concrete Lawn (AA)
Friday December 14 | Cats at Rocket Bar, Adelaide, SA
Saturday December 15 | The Lansdowne, Sydney, NSW w/ Concrete Lawn
Sunday December 16 | Upstairs at Fred's, Camden NSW w/ Concrete Lawn (AA)
Thursday December 20 | Karova Lounge, Ballarat, VIC w/ Concrete Lawn
Friday December 21 | Oh Jean Records, Melbourne, VIC w/ Concrete Lawn (AA)
Friday December 21 | The Tote, Melbourne, VIC w/ Concrete Lawn
Saturday December 22 | The Brisbane, Hobart, TAS w/ Squid Fishing
Follow Bleeding Knees Club: FACEBOOK